This comprehensive course is designed for new compact digital camera users. Over three hours we will demonstrate useful photographic techniques to take great photographs with your compact camera. In this course we will teach you in simple terms about how your camera works, covering topics such as resolution, exposure, focus, scene modes, zoom, flash, light, composition and much more!
Upon completion of this course, you will understand:
- Resolution and compression
- Focus and using focus lock
- Exposure and using exposure lock
- Using your camera's scene modes
- Using your camera's zoom - zoom and perspective
- Using flash—flash and red-eye
- Other flash controls
- Problems with light and how to use light
- Working in low light
- Making movies with a compact camera
- Saving your images to disc or hard disk
Our COVID 19 Measures:
At michaels media school we strive to create a fun and engaging environment in the classroom. To ensure our students have the best experience possible we have put the following safety measures in place:
- Classes will have a maximum of 8 students
- 1 student per desk
- A minimum of 1.5 metres in between desks
- Hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap located in the classrooms
- All equipment will be sanitised before class
What you can do:
- If you are displaying symptoms please contact us, we will be happy to reschedule your class.
- Maintain social distancing - be aware of your surroundings and allow 1.5 metres between other students, teachers and team members.
- Wash your hands/use hand sanitiser before entering the classroom or touching any equipment - we have hand sanitising stations outside and inside the classroom as well as an interior basin.